Arizona Driving Test - Arizona Road Rules 1
How to Ace Arizona Written Driving Test
To get a driver’s license in Arizona you will have to pass the driving road and written tests. Other than these there is a vision test too. The minimum age for this test is 15 and over. This is also known as the DMV exam. You will get 30 questions in the test paper, and you have to give 24 correct answers, to get the 80% score. This will allow you the driver’s permit. The examinee will get 30 multiple choice questions, and they have to give 24 correct answers to pass the written test. You will get three attempts to pass the exam within one year to get the driving permit in the state.
To pass the knowledge test, you have to study the official 2022 AZ driver handbook, it will help you on the road and in the written test. However, if you fail in the three attempts you have to pay a fee to appear on the written test again. To prepare in a better way you can always take practice Arizona driving test, and get ready for the main exam. The more you practice the more likely you can give the right answers.
Verbal knowledge test in Arizona
This test will also be considered after the written exam if the situation is like,
- If the applicant is unable to read or has low competency in this section
- If the applicant has given incorrect answers to most of the questions on the previous or failed in the third time test.
- If the person reads and writes in a foreign language, and that dialect isn’t available in the test.
- DMV conducts the verbal test by appointment. For this, you have to visit the office to get one.
- Also, there’s a computerized audio version for the written driving test, and for this, you won’t need an appointment.
What does written knowledge cover?
The written driving test in Arizona covers a few important things such as:
- There will be an oral test if you are unable to take the written test.
- The tests are offered in various languages. If you need assistance with your mother tongue which is not available in the DMV office, you will get an interpreter option.
- The test covers safe driving practices and traffic laws.
How to make an appointment for the Arizona driving test?
AZ has made things easier for the applicants for driving tests. You can schedule an appointment online. Check out the instructions you need to follow:
You have to go to the ADOT Driver Service website and from there go to the Appointment Scheduler
- Click on the make an appointment tab
- Select the type of appointment you want
- Choose the location you have to take the test
- Select the time and date that convenient for you
- Fill up a short form with the personal information of yours
- Confirm your selection.
The types of questions at the AZ DMV written test
You already know that there will be 30 questions and you have to give 24 correct answers to get an 80% pass mark. So let’s check out the type of questions you will get in the exam:
- You can drive on the extreme left side of the road legally on a multilane highway when you are eligible for the thing. You have to choose the answer from the multiple-choice options.
- When you are driving on a one-lane road which has three to more lanes, what you must use?
- When a school bus has stopped with flashing red lights on a two-lane road, then what should the driver on the other side must do?
- You will get road sign images and you will get a question like what does the sign indicate?
Tips to pass the AZ DMV written test
The written Arizona permit test is easy. For this, you have to study the driver’s guidebook. You can get it from the DMV office or you can download it online. This will help you understand the state and traffic laws. Other than this, you can follow the below tips to prepare for the exam.
- Read the book: The best way to give perfect answers and get a good score is to read the handbook. You won’t have to stress yourself for the exam if you have memorized the book material. You can note the important parts if required, and highlight some pages if necessary.
- Apply for a practice test: This is very important when you have applied for the Arizona driving test. You can take the practice test online. This will polish your memory, and you can do better in the official exam.
- Re-read the book: Reading the book once will not help you memorize the material. It’s not a storybook that you can forget about the events. This is a real-life scenario, and you need to put your knowledge into the papers. So, re-read the book, and take notes if required.
- Get a study guide: DMV will offer you a cheat sheet, which contains sample questions, helpful tips, and requirements for getting the license. This will save a lot of time.
- Study thoroughly: The only way to pass the written driving is to study the handbook. You need to focus on specific areas of the book like traffic laws and rules, road signs, and so on.
- Repeat the practice test: If you take the practice test more than once it will polish your memory. Also, you will be confident about the main exam. In the driving test in Arizona, you will have to answer the probable questions. This will help you ace the score.
- Get rest and have a good breakfast: Before the test day, you need to take a rest and sleep well. On the morning of the exam, get a full breakfast.
- During the exam read the questions properly: Reading the questions thoroughly will help you understand the answers. Going too fast will only make you anxious. Take your time and read the questions and then opt for the answer. While reading the material you need to keep in mind some words like an illegal, sidewalk, and so on.
- Unknown question: If the questions sound foreign to you, it’s best to answer the next one. At last, think of the unknown question and choose the probable answer.
- Choose a positive mindset: You have to keep a positive mindset when you are taking the driving test. Try to stay away from pessimistic thoughts and be sure of the answers you have selected.
The DMV test in Arizona is easy. You have to take three tests such as driving, writing, and visual. To pass the written test you need to study the driver’s handbook. Also, to get a perfect score you can take a practice driving test at Arizona. This will help you become confident at the time of the main exam.